Do you know the common depression symptoms? Do you know about different types of depression?
Learn more about depression so you can talk openly with your doctor.
Find out the warning signs of more serious depression problems so you can prevent depression complications.
Symptoms of Depression
Are you depressed? – The symptoms of depression may surprise you. Read more and see if you or a loved one suffers with depression.
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and/or helplessness
- Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
- Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable, including sex
- Overeating or appetite loss
- Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” feelings
- Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
- Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
- Irritability, restlessness
Untreated Depression – Learn the dangers of untreated depression and how this may lead to serious and life threatening problems, even suicide.
Depression and Suicide – Learn more about suicide, including who is at risk, warning signs, and when to call for medical assistance.
Depression varies from person to person, but there are some common signs and symptoms. It’s important to remember that these symptoms can be part of life’s normal lows.