Maintaining our general health is good,
it may help to reduce our risk of illnesses ranging from heart diseases to depression or anxiety. So what foods should we be eating more or less of? We should and and take care of…
Eating healthily means including a variety of healthy foods in the right amounts in our diet so our body gets the nutrients it needs to maintain good health and function properly.
Different foods provide different kinds of nutrients: proteins, such as lean meat, eggs, beans and nuts, help build muscle and a strong immune system; carbohydrates, such as starches, sugar and wholegrain, provide energy; fats provide essential fatty acids and extra energy; and vitamins and minerals, found in fruit, vegetables, whole-grains and other foods, regulate body processes, enhance cell function and growth, and help build a strong immune system.
- Eat at least five portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day.
- Cut down on sugar.
- Watch how much salt you’re eating.
- Drink six to eight glasses of fluid a day – or more if you exercise.
- Eat some protein foods, such as dairy products, eggs and pulses, and have a variety of these foods.
- Choose food instead of supplements because supplements cannot substitute for a healthy diet.
Eating healthy and making good lifestyle choices are key to maintaining Good Health.
Regular exercise apart from adequate sleep of at least 7-8 hours,
can make a big impact on your health.